Best Android Tracking Apps: Full Guide to Track GPS Location of Android Phones Easily
GPS (Global Positioning Systems) is aimed to determine the exact location of a person, pet, place or any other object. GPS tracking is becoming very popular these days and available almost for any OS. According to the statistics of 2016, Android dominate on the market with 86,2 %, while iOS comes at a distant second at 13,8 %.
In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, there is always a chance that your Android can be lost or stolen, no matter how cautious you are. In this article, we will cover the most popular methods, including Android tracking apps to protect your device.
Method № 1. Track Android Phone with GPS Tracking Apps
Even if you are a cautious person, there is always a good chance you may face a painful experience of losing your device. Whether it happens after having a whale of a time with friends or bumping into a professional pickpocket, you always need to know how to find your digital friend.
To your great relief, there is a great number of Android tracking apps designed for locating lost or stolen smartphones. To help you navigate through the hundreds of available options, we’ve created a list of the most popular Android tracking apps. Let us introduce 3 the most popular Android tracking apps.
№ 1. GPS Phone Tracker App
GPS Phone Tracker App is one of those GPS tracking apps that gives a chance to locate a specific smartphone and view route details within several seconds.
GPS Phone Tracker can find the location of your own phone in real-time. Also, it can be installed on the other phones. Using this GPS tracking app, you can:
- Prevent becoming lost when you are out and about;
- Help when you are traveling from one destination to the other.
- Get the precise location of the specific phone;
- Keep track of your kids when you are away;
- Watch where your friends to find them easily;
This Android tracking app is compatible with the majority Android versions. Being used around the globe, this app is referred to Family GPS tracker. With this GPS tracking app, you can always know where our family, friends and most importantly kids are safe and sound. Due to its functionality, this app is considered to be the next generation of GPS tracking apps.
- Provides accurate results;
- Shows the location of other people (only is they download this Android Tracking App on their devices);
- To access some features users need to pay extra;
- Users often complain that there are difficulties to reset their password;
- Live locations may be displayed within a history section;
- № 2. Glympse GPS Tracking App
If you are looking for an affordable GPS tracking app, Glympse is definitely one of the most convenient tools for you. There is no need to sign up or access any social network to share your GPS location with someone. You just need to choose the length of time the other user will see your geographical location. The other person will receive a link with the estimated time of arrival (ETA), but when the time expires, your location will no longer be available. Also, you can share your Glympse location via Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter), text messages on condition the Internet connection is enabled.
With Glympse GPS Tracking App you can:
- Set profile picture, send text messages or change map services;
- Bump a “Glimpse” to other people using Android Beam Function (available only for Android);
- Synchronize Glympse with your calendar, so you will be able to see the location with other people who might be late for important event or meeting.
- Share your location publicly via Twitter or Facebook informing your friends and followers with your real-time location.
- Simple and convenient in use
- No signup needed to access the app;
- Provides several ways to share your location
- Displays your real-time location on the Facebook wall
- Allows easily browse through your locations
- Has limited time sharing limit (only 4-hours)
Tracker GPS Mobile
The other popular GPS tracking app is Tracker GPS Mobile. It allows you to:
- keep you updated in case your Android is lost or stolen;
- create landmarks on the map and send commands;
- see and retrieve your location and device information.
Tracking the location of personal gadgets or machinery (cars, mobile phones, etc.);
Access to the history of your monitored phone;
The fact that most of the instructions are in Spanish makes it difficult for other people to use this app.
Method № 2. Locate Your Android Phone with Google
This method allows you to track the current location of your lost or stolen Android by signing into your Google account from the other device (computer or mobile phone).
To find my google device it should:
- be turned on;
- be signed to Google Account;
- be connected to the Internet (mobile data or Wi-Fi);
- have location turned on;
- have Find My Device turned on.
Here is how to locate your Android with Google:
1. Open Google from the phone, computer or tablet;
2. Go to android.com/find;
3. Enter your email and password if required;
4. Complete the verification process.
Note! In case you have more than one device, choose the one that is lost at the top of your screen! Also, if your Android has more than one user profile, make sure you log in to the needed profile!
Once your lost Android is displayed on the map, you can perform the following actions:
• Play Sound
If you choose this option, your device will ring in a full volume for 5 minutes, even if it is in silent or vibrate mode. It is handy for cases when the map shows you are near your device but still can’t find it.
• Lock your Android
This option locks your smartphone with password or pattern, so no one but you can access your home screen. Also, you can add your phone to the lock screen to help someone to return your device.
• Erase all data
If you have no hope to retrieve your phone, this option will help you to delete all the data on your device.
Note! Once you erase all the data, Find My Device will no longer work on your phone. In case if you find your Android device, you need to know the password for your Google account.
If Find My Device is not working, it is more likely that your device is not connected to the mobile data or Wi-Fi.
Find your device with Find My Device app
The other option to find your lost Android is to use Find My Device app. If you don’t have it, you can download it on Google Play.
To locate your lost Android, follow the steps below:
1. Sign in;
2. Tap Continue as (your name) if you locate your own Android;
3. Tap Sign in as a guest, if you help your friend to locate their device;
4. Complete the same steps as for the website.
Track Your Android in Google Maps
Using Google Maps, you also can track your missed device. Before you start you need to:
have access to a computer or another Android device;
know the credentials of your Google Account linked with your lost Android.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to track GPS location of your lost or stolen Android device with Google Maps.
Step 1. Log in to your Google account from the computer or another Android;
Step 2. Open https://www.google.com/maps/timeline;
Step 3. On the left, you will see the location box. Enter needed information (year, month, day) to locate your missed Android;
Step 4. Zoom the location to view the details;
Step 5. If you use another Android device, swipe right from the left corner and then choose “Your timeline.” Your Android tracking history will be displayed on the screen.
Method № 3. Use Find My Phone for Samsung to locate your device
If your Android is Samsung, there is another option to locate it. Use the step-by-step guide below to track Samsung phone location:
Step 1. Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ in a browser;
Step 2. Tap Sign in and enter your email or phone number and password;
Step 3. Check the box “I am not a robot”;
Step 4. Choose Sign in to open the list of your Samsung devices;
Step 5. Choose your missed Samsung from the list;
Step 6. Review your Samsung location on the map;
Note! To track the Samsung phone Internet connection is required.
Once you`ve managed to track Samsung phone, you can perform the following actions:
- Play sound, so someone may find it and give you back;
- Lock your Samsung to protect your data;
- Unlock if your missed phone is found;
- Retrieve calls/messages;
- Extend battery life;
- Wipe your device if there is no hope to get it back.
Method № 4. Track Android Phone with Third-Party Apps
“Can an Android phone be tracked using Spyware?” is the most asked question on the Net. Here we will shed some light on the most popular apps.
While Google is the simplest option to use, there are some third-party apps you need to consider. The main benefit they have is that they allow you to track not only the GPS location of your own but also someone else’s device. Here is the list of the most popular Android tracking apps.
mSpy is one of the leading monitoring solutions on the market these days. It is very simple in use and has a user-friendly interface. Once it is installed on the target smartphone, it provides access to GPS location, text messages, call logs and other options. The main features include:
- Text messages;
- Call logs;
- Social Media Platforms (WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, Tinder, Instagram, Kik, Snapchat);
- Keyword alerts;
- Browsing history;
- Website/ apps restriction;
- Contacts blocking;
- and much more;
Note! Some features require your Android to be rooted;
This tool is compatible both with Android and iPhones. To get started with mSpy, you don’t need to be tech-savvy. If you have any installation issues, the mSpy support team is available 24/7 to come to the rescue. mSpy is a perfect tool for those who have young kids and want to protect them while they use their devices.
Price: $29.99 per month for the Basic subscription;
$69.99 per month, $119.99 per three months or $199.99 per year for Premium subscription.
The name itself says that this app is aimed at spying on Android devices. This Android tracking app has such features:
- Text messages;
- Contact list;
- GPS location;
- Remote Commands;
- Tasks and appointments;
- Instant messengers;
It has a lot of useful options, but unlike the other spying apps, it doesn’t have the blocking features. So you can’t block unwanted contacts, websites, and apps, which is very uncomfortable if you use it to monitor your kid.
Price: $49.95 for the Standard version and $84.90 for the Pro version.
Like SpyBubble, this app is also aimed at spying on Android phones. It has all features typical for the spyware, including GPS location, remote locking, and others. This Android tracking app has such features:
- App blocking: Helps to block certain apps and websites.
- Alerts: Sends a notification that your target device is outside the safe area, you`ve previously set for it.
- Live Control Panel: Shows you an actual screen of your target device. The information is updated every 90 seconds.
- SMS commands: Allows you to share commands with your target device, including locking/unlocking the device, wiping data, etc.
Mobile Spy is easy to install and use. You need to download the app, create an account and follow the further instructions.
Price: $ 90 for 6-month subscription;
$139 for 12-month subscription;
In this article, we’ve covered the most popular Android tracking apps and ways to track the GPS location of Android. If you are looking for a built-in option, Google is the best choice for you. If your phone is Samsung, choose to Find My Phone option. But if you are looking for the most advanced app, which not only allows you to track the GPS location but also track the other activities on your target phone – mSpy is exactly what you need. Choose the method which compiles the most with your demands.