You don’t need constant access to a phone to spy on it. You do need one-time access to set up an application that allows you to spy on a phone. The process is detailed here:
- A user finds spyware that meets their needs (set of needed features, subscription plan, price policy);
- A user prepares a target phone.
Note: for iOS, one should know Apple ID and enable the iCloud backup; for Android, it’s necessary to enable Unknown Sources.
- A user checks the phone’s compatibility with the app (this kind of information is well described;
- A user follows the installation guidelines given by every software developer;
- A user starts spying on a phone without access to it by enabling spyware.